I love flip flops but they’re just so….plain. With a few supplies and a little bling from Styled by Tori Spelling, I completely transformed my clearance flip flops. This post was originally published at Crafts Unleashed, where I am a Design Team Member. Since Spring Break is around the corner, I thought this would be a good time to start some beach crafting!
- Flip Flops
- Fabric Scrap
- Mod Podge
- Tulle Netting
- Styled by Tori Spelling Large Gold Medallion Pendant
- Hair clip
1: Mod Podge fabric onto flip flop
1. Cut and remove plastic straps from the shoe.
2. Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to the shoe.
3. Press fabric scrap onto the shoe, smoothing out bubbles.
4. After it has dried, cut off excess fabric.
5. Seal top and sides with a generous coat of Mod Podge Part 2: Add the straps to your shoe
1. Use the craft knife to cut the fabric where the holes in the shoe are.
2. Measure the tulle so it is twice the length of the shoe. Cut three pieces of tulle.
3. Wrap the end of the tulle with a piece of washi tape to make a shoestring effect.
4. Push the tulle “shoestring” through the bottom two holes.
5. Cut the fourth piece of tulle and tie it around the center of the tulle loop you just created. Insert the ends in the top hole of the shoe.
1. Now that you have your straps, place the shoe on your foot. Tighten the straps to your liking, then secure with a knot.
3. Place E-6000 on the knot and cut off the excess.
4. Take your pendant and remove the jump ring and back ring.
5. Use E-6000 to glue hair clip on.
6. Clip on to your shoe.